Birth: February 28, 1848 in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Death: April 29, 1913 (age 65) in Victoria, B.C,
In the 1870’s Jack Levy ran a “sweet shop” (confectionery) on Government Street.
By the summer of 1886 he had opened one of Vancouver’s earliest retail businesses, the Gem Cigar Divan on Cordova Street, stocking “smokers’ goods to suit all tastes.”
Jack is said to be the first Jewish manager of a baseball team on the west coast.
Gravesite Details: Row E – Plot 23
In Loving Memory of
JACK LEVY SAM LEVY
sons of ESTHER LEVY
- Benjamin Levy (1819–1853)
- Esther Solomon Levy (1824–1911)
- Joseph “Joe” Levy (1841
- H.E. (Henry Emanuel) Levy (1843–1929)
- Samuel L. Levy (1845-1923)
- Phoebe Levy Levy (1854-1926)
- Abraham Levy (died 1874)